I am a mom of 4 young boys, ages 9, 8, 6, and 4 1/2. I am 32 yrs old. I was very active in highschool, not so much in University! I have a Degree in Secondary Education--I taught for 1 year before I became a mother and decided to stay at home!
The past 10 years of motherhood have been active, but not necessarily sport related!!! I decided to become an active participant in my physical health when my youngest was 2. I trained for my first half marathon and joined bootcamps! I loved bootcamps! A wide variety of exercises. It really complimented my running as well. The year I turned 30, I was in the best shape of my life!
I have now completed several races:
2 Calgary Half Marathons
2 Calgary Police Half Marathons
2 Disney World Half Marathons
1 Disneyland Half Marathon
1 Calgary Harvest Half Marathon
1 Aixois Demi Marathon (France)
3 local 10K
1 Disney World Marathon
1 Disney World Goofy Challenge
After living last year abroad (in France!), I have also taken on more of a Mediterranean Diet. I have cut out all red meat, poultry and pork. I still do eat a variety of fish. I try to eat many fresh vegetables, and whole grain products. We try to keep "treats" to a minimum!!
As a family, we try to stay active--a little harder in the colder winter months! We like to take walks, or bike rides, whenever possible. We are going to attempt to take the boys downhill skiing this year as well!
That's about it in a nutshell!!
No comments:
Post a Comment