Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Tonight's Supper!!

Spiced Lentils with Poached Eggs--Guaranteed my kids will hate it!!!

I have struck a deal with my 4 boys....eat the awful (healthy) stuff I make during the week, and Saturday is our cheat day.  You can eat hot dogs, chips, any of that comfort stuff they like!!!!

Last night, Seared Scallops with Cabbage, did not go over well.  Everyone but the littlest tried a bite.  Of course, they are hungry later into the evening, but I only offer a fruit, veg, whole grain toast, or yogurt for snack, right before bed.  Some day they'll catch on, right???

Anyways, back to tonight's supper!!!

Spiced Lentils with Poached Eggs--From Cooking Light, Oct 2012 Issue


I'll let you know how it goes!!!




1 comment:

  1. I would definitely recommend this recipe!!! Make sure not to over poach your eggs.....
    And the Greek yogurt added the perfect compliment to the spicy lentils!!! I ended up using canned lentils, instead of making my own.....

    Kids hated the look of it--but I think (??) they didn't mid the taste--other than the running, oozy yellow of the egg yolk--that grossed them right out!!!

    ReplyDelete